Sometimes we have to partition our hard drive to keep file safe and separate. In this blog I’m going to show you how to partition our hard disk without formatting.
Here are some steps which you should definitely follow.
- At first click start and type ” disk mgmt.msg” (Without quotes) and press enter. Now you can see a disk management window will appear.
- Here you can see all your available drives. Choose one of the drives which you want to shrink or extend. For shrinking a drive and creating a new one there must be available some free space. Now right click on the drive letter which you want to shrink or take out free space. Now select shrink volume and a little process will go on.
- Here you can see the current size of the drive, free space and size which you are going to shrink. Now enter the amount of space which you want to free , (note: that size should not exceed the free space.) now click the shrink option.
- In disk management window you can see an unallocated space at the right bottom corner. Right click on it and choose new simple volume.
- Now click Next and enter the size of drive you want to draw and click next, next and click finish at last. Now a new volume or drive will be created with the size you wanted.
In the same way you can also enlarge the size of any drive when your drive gets overloaded. In that case, you can easily make some space unallocated by shrinking it from one drive and then use that space to extend another drive.